Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I think I might be getting old...

So, I finally broke down today and invested in an Iphone (after tons of research for about a year...).  I was so excited until I realized that I have no clue how to use the phone!  I couldn't even figure out how to call my husband.  I used to be so savvy with new technology, but now I kind of feel like I'm falling behind. 
To make myself feel more hip and young, I downloaded Ke$ha's "We R Who We R" for my ringtone.  See I'm hip and cool!!  L and I danced around the house to her song, so I figured it was a good choice.
That got me to thinking about whether L will think I listen to "old people" music when he gets a little older.  I know I always thought my Mom and Dad listened to "old people" music (sorry Mom and Dad, but you did!)  Although, I was born in the 1980's and my Dad made me a lover of Lionel Ritchie and Billy Joel, mostly they listened to music from the 1960's.  Now, I always think twice about listening to 80's or 90's music because I don't want to seem old!  I'm pretty sure I could name 10 out of the top 20 hits playing on the radio right now if someone asked (probably more-thank you Sirius Radio Hits 1).  Now, don't think I never listen to "oldies".  I still call Darius Rucker "Hootie" and never turn off a Reel Big Fish, Pearl Jam, Britney Spears, Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, Mighty Mighty Bosstones or New Kids On The Block song.

1 comment:

  1. Girl you know music :O) We should so do a mommies night out at a summer outdoor concert this year. I am a music Freak. Good luck with the Iphone. I know my Droid took a bit but I can not go an hour without touching it now. BTW Gio loves Katy Perry music, Firework is my ringtone :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...