We seriously have too much stuff! I don't know how this happens. Every time we move (which is often) I get rid of multiple pieces of furniture and take a million boxes to goodwill (okay maybe not millions, but at least 10!). So as I am packing our stuff, I keep thinking-where the heck did this all come from and why do I keep it.
For example:
a)The 900 drinking glasses that we have. Seriously, our drinking glasses take up 6 cabinets. Did I pack them all? Yup. Are they headed to the new house? You bet.
b)Cleaning machines. I have at least 10 mops, swiffers, steam cleaners, vacuums, etc. If you know me, cleaning is not my forte'. I was happiest when I hired a house cleaner up north. It was worth every penny. But I still keep everything cleaning thingamabob I own.
c)DVD's/Blurays/videotapes. Yes, I still have at least 6 boxes of videos of some sort of type. Now, the blurays and DVDs I mainly blame on J. He won't let me get rid of those (even though we haven't watched 90% of them in at least 3 years or more), but the videotapes...that's all me.
d)Couches. We have an overabundance of couches. Well, really just 3 and a recliner, but still. Now our old house did have two living areas, but now we are in one and I still can't part with any of the couches. I am giving up the recliner though.
I really could go on and on. Maybe I should have a sale...or just take a few extra trips to Goodwill!
Love this! When we moved last year into a bigger place I parted with a ton of stuff and now the cup runneth over! We have a ton of glasses as well and even a box of glasses we got when we got married 4 years ago because what if we break the glasses we have? Then I won't have to buy a new box, lol.
ReplyDeleteYou need to have a yard sale this spring. I'm planning on having one if I have a boy. What does your recliner look like that you are getting rid of?
ReplyDeleteHey girl if u are getting rid of a couch let me know :0). Josh and I need one but don't have the money for a "new one"
ReplyDeleteI awarded you! Check out my blog!
ReplyDelete