Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It really gets my goat!



I HATE yard signs...I don't care if they are for campaigns, Jesus, business, or otherwise.  They are tacky and should be outlawed!!  This time of year and around October/November are obviously the worst time of year and driving around seeing all these stupid signs is driving me crazy! 
That being said, I realize that these signs cost money so I would never destroy or harm them.  On accident last year, a couple campaign signs were placed in our yard.  I was livid when I got home from work.  How embarrassing-our yard looked so trashy!  (never mind the junk car sitting on the front lawn..just kidding:)!)  So I simply pulled them out of my yard, placed them on my porch, researched the candidate and called their headquarters to have them picked up.  They were very appreciative of this and I was glad that they were timely in coming to pick them up! 
As I writing this, I can think of two exceptions to my hating yard signs rule. 

1) If you just had a baby and want to put a huge or small sign up in your yard to celebrate!  More power to you!  I will celebrate that joyous occasion with you.  Just be sure to remove it before the baby is one month old...

2) Real Estate signs.  Come on, how else is anyone going to know your house is for sale if you don't put up a sign?!?

Moral of this blog:
Think twice before putting a yard sign out because it might upset me.  (Because I know you care about my feelings...haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...