Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Eve

As normal, I am way behind on blogging.  But, here I go, trying to catch up!  My job requires me to work any holidays that fall on the weekend, so this year I worked Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (but my job was awesome to allow me to take a little time off Christmas morning to do the Santa stuff with Logan!) 
Growing up, we always went to Christmas Eve church services.  It is a tradition that Logan has never experienced...his first Christmas there was an ice storm that didn't allow us to safely take a baby out to church and last year we celebrated Christmas with Jeff's family on Christmas Eve since Jeff and I both had to work on Christmas.
This year I was going to make sure we made it to Christmas Eve service.  And WE DID!  It was a wonderful candlelight service and I think we all enjoyed it.  Trying to keep Logan quiet was a bit of a challenge, but I don't think he bothered anyone else.  He ate about 6 bags of fruit snacks to stay quiet, though.  The best part was when he kept trying to blow out every one's candles like they were birthday candles.  At the end of the service, after "Silent Night" ended, all you heard was silence and Logan blowing at the candles...
I managed to snap a family picture before we headed to church
 Another tradition I grew up with was opening one present on Christmas Eve.  It was always pajamas, except one year after my brother was being obnoxious about knowing it was pajamas and my Mom got him bath towels!  It was hilarious!  I have continued this tradition with Logan, but this year we added a little twist!

This is what Logan found when we got home from church!  Cookie had his present up in the tree!

Logan took no time getting it down and ripping into it!

I love this picture of my two men! 

Picking out cookies for Santa

Logan was very particular about where his cookies and milk for Santa and carrot for "Ho ho's deer" went

Logan insisted that Cookie get a cookie too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...