Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Super Easy No-Sew Book Sling


I am always looking for ways to keep Logan's books organized and when I saw this project over at Penny Carnival, I had to give it a try.  Now, my sewing machine is packed away somewhere, so I adjusted the instructions and used liquid stitch instead of a sewing machine. 

I started with a piece of fabric with baseballs on it to match Logan's room.  I pinned it and then used the liquid stitch to glue the sides together.

Straight pins held it together while I put the liquid stitch on the fabric

The main drawback to using liquid stitch instead of sewing is that it takes 24 hours for the glue to dry.  I just left the pins in place while I allowed the glue to dry.



After the final liquid stitch was applied.  Waiting for it to dry again...
Use a double bracket curtain rod holder and curtain rods to mount it on the wall and you are set!
I was pleased with my DIY project.  These things are super cheap to make too!  I spent about $20 on everything needed to make one book sling.  I plan to make a few more for Logan's bedroom with a few modifications.  I definitely am going to make the sling with less depth (I may actually go back and modify this one too) because little books fall to the bottom and can't be seen.  Logan loves his little books and I want them to be visible too.  I also plan on making these for our living room to hold our DVD's and Blurays.  It is a quick and easy project.  Other than dry time, I probably only spent about 30 to 45 minutes total from start to finish. 
Want to make one yourself?  Here's the link to all the details on what you need and how to do it.  This is a link to the sew version, but just use the liquid stitch instead if you want to make it no sew.

Make your own Book Sling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...