Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Paging Dr. Logan

Logan is sick.  Again.  Ugh.  Poor little guy.  This time it is a respiratory thing.  He's been sick since Saturday and finally after his temperature being on and off (usually none in the morning, then high in the afternoon/evening) for 3 days, I called the doctor.  He also has a very nasty cough.
Last night, I thought his lungs sounded nasty, so I grabbed the stethoscope to get a closer listen.  (Yes-physical therapists actually do know how to listen to lung sounds, although we rarely have to use this bit of knowledge anymore in the workplace.)  As I suspected, his left lung sounded not so good.  Logan thought the stethoscope was really cool and he decided to give it a try.
He was so funny.  He listened to my head, my mouth, even my foot!

Checking for Daddy's heartbeat

When I asked Logan if Daddy was going to live, he replied "No!" Oh dear...

Even Dog got a check up!
This morning, we took him to the doctor with the expectation that we would be in and out since his fever was gone with the typical "It's a virus, give it time" comment from our doctor.
Boy, were we wrong!
Logan's lungs, indeed, were not sounding good.  This meant a chest Xray to check for pneumonia (thank goodness, they doctor felt the Xray looked clear for pneumonia!) and two breathing treatments in the office.  Dr. B thinks what he has is viral and not pneumonia, but he's on breathing treatments every 4 hours until he sounds better along with oral steroids. 
Logan hasn't had breathing treatments since he was a little thing.  Logan apparently does not like breathing treatments.  He screamed and cried and kicked and ran away the whole time we gave him the breathing treatments.  I'm pretty sure the nurses at the office got a really good laugh at Jeff and I trying to hold Logan down, comfort him, and hold the mask over his face all at the same time!  Luckily his first treatment at home was during nap time, so I just did it while he was sleeping.
Hopefully, he will be on the mend soon, but prayers are always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...