Our niece Jacklyn Marie was born last Friday! We have all been anxiously awaiting her arrival. Especially Logan (although I'm pretty sure he really didn't know who or what Baby Jack Jack was and thought she was actually coming to our house). He has been watching our front door expectantly for the past few weeks. Ha!
We took the trip back home to see this sweet little bundle of joy this week and I am such a proud Aunt! She is perfect, just like her sister Lillie and her cousin Logan!
 |
| She is so little! You just really forget how little newborns are! |
 |
| Jeff is a pretty proud Uncle too! |
Logan has not been around very many babies, so he wasn't quite sure what to think and preferred playing with Lillie over taking too much interest in Jacklyn. He did keep trying to feed her from Lillie's baby doll bottle though and he was very good and grabbing diapers during diaper change time! We finally convinced him to hold Jacklyn and- oh my!- the pictures say it all...
 |
| He let Lillie hold her little sister first. |
 |
| Logan decides to give this baby holding thing a try... |
 |
| "This isn't so bad" (Well, except for Jacklyn. She doesn't look so happy here!) |
 |
| Cousins! |
 |
| "All Done." |
 |
| Yes, he did. He let go of the baby and signed and said "All Done." |
Thank goodness Mommy Laura was nearby and was able to get Jacklyn before she slid to the ground. We all laughed since everyone was just fine, but I don't know that I will be letting Logan hold Jacklyn for a while now. Haha!
It was so great getting to spend the time with my family. Seeing Logan and Lillie play together was a blast! Now I just wish I could get my hands on that sweet baby Jacklyn all the time!
 |
| I laugh every time I see this picture. It is funny on so many levels... |
Oh, by the way. You will notice that some of the pictures are better quality than my typical posts. No, I am not becoming an amazing photographer...My Dad took several of these photos and I just used them here! Thanks Dad!
Great post!
ReplyDelete