Yep-that worked out well...
| Logan found my chocolate stash... |
| Yes-he's eating chocolate and watching TV. So what?! |
It's funny how things change. I did really well sticking to my "rules" when Logan was little. He rarely watched TV unless it was during long car rides, did not get any sugary sweets until he was over a year old (really! Although, Uncle Dean did slide him some icing at his Baptism...), no Bumbo, no Exersaucer, and he definitely had hours upon hours of floor play and tummy time.
Then he became a toddler. Wow! TV, iPad, and fruit snacks occupy a good amount of our day sometimes. Often, it is the only thing that makes him happy. I'm all for a happy toddler. Am I rotting his brain? I hope not! Trust me, we still play lots of games, do crafts, and play outside. Truthfully, in the summer, the TV is rarely on, but winters are a little different. Whatever...my bad.
I just laugh at my pregnant self and move on.
I read a book when Logan was just entering toddlerhood and this book is hilarious and a must read for anyone with a toddler! "Naptime is the New Happy Hour" by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor.
Here's one of my favorite quotes!
"When Smug Mama tells you straight to your face that she absolutely allows only one hour of mind-enriching, educational TV a day, just go ahead and add two hours. If she tells you 'No TV ever!' add six. It's that simple."
Hahahaha!!! Cracks me up!
Anyhow, Logan has had some non screen time fun the past few days too!
| "Helping" me sort the clothes... |
| "Where's Logan and Dog?" |
| I really thought he was gonna pass out in the box! |
| Cheesing it up for Mommy's camera |
This is typical for Logan when watching TV...he rarely sits still. Always on the move!
No comments:
Post a Comment