Tuesday, March 13, 2012

To Cook or Not to Cook...

We eat out a lot.  Basically because I am too lazy to meal plan.  It just takes too long for me to figure out what meals I want for the week, what is on sale at the grocery store, and then making my list.  So I don't cook.
I actually can cook, though.  It's just the planning that doesn't go so well for me.  In the past few months I've started using a meal planning website called EMeals and it is great.  Not only does it pick 7 meals each week for me (sides included), but it picks the meals based off the sales at my local grocery store, and makes my grocery list for me.  It takes me about 5 minutes to be ready to head out the door to the store.  Awesome!  It is pretty inexpensive (about $7 a month or less depending on how long you sign up for).
I've recently went back to Weight Watchers (the winter was rough on me).  I've found that EMeals isn't working as well for me because although the recipes are delicious and easy to prepare, they are not always super low fat and calorie meals and the nutrition info is not included.
Today, I stumbled upon a new site called Relish.  It is nice because it has lower calorie choices and all of the meals have nutrition facts by them (including Weight Watchers points plus).  The only drawback is it does not coordinate the meals with my local grocery store (so I don't necessarily hit the sales as well) and you have to pick your meals.  It is nice to be able to pick your meals each week from a large database, but it does take a little more time.
I did my grocery shopping today using Relish's meal plans so we'll see how the cooking goes this week with them.  I may be back to EMeals next week.  We'll see.
What I do know is that we have been eating out less lately!
If you are interested in a 2 week free trial to Relish, click here (FYI-I get nothing for linking you to this site, just trying to be helpful!)
Now to think about freezer cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...