It has been a bit trying around our house in the past month. Between attempted potty training and nap time blunders, I'm about to have myself a toddler size meltdown too! Haha!
Potty training goes well on some days and not so much on other days. Since I'm new to this whole potty training thing, I am just sort of winging it. I'm pretty sure I have no clue what is going on, but we are learning together. I really enjoy when Logan pees in the potty. Logan really enjoys peeing on the kitchen floor. Apparently our opinion on appropriate potty spots are different. Unfortunately, we are both very hard headed. Logan is like a little mini-me when it comes to will. Jeff keeps telling me that I should now understand what it is like for him to live with me. I don't argue. He's probably right. Anyhow, potty training is ongoing. We take it one day at a time. Today was a bad day. I've found that pushing does no good, so on bad days, we just put the diaper back on and go with it. Tomorrow will most likely be better.
Logan has also decided that naps are not necessary for a 3 year old. I don't agree with him on this one either. (Why can't we just see eye to eye?!?) I've spent the past two weeks wasting my time attempting to get him to take a nap. It gets me nowhere but frustrated. I've decided that we are just going to go through our day from now on and if he wants to take a nap, awesome! If not, we'll do something else. I'm done sitting in his room reading books to him for hours on end while he runs around like a banshee...
I think the hardest thing is the tantrums he has been having. Boy, oh boy can he scream now! It is just a battle of the wills around here. I win some, I lose some.
It is funny because the other day when I was trying to get him to take a nap, he found the cards that were put into his newborn diapers at one of his baby showers while he was dragging everything out of his bookshelf drawers... (This was a really cool idea-the cards not dragging stuff out of the bookshelf... Everyone wrote advice on little cards that were stuffed into diapers and then when I changed his diapers for those first few weeks, I got little words of encouragement. I kept them all and look back on them now and then too!) I think my favorite one was the one that said something like "God made babies cute so that we wouldn't eat them." I still have no idea who wrote this one, but it cracks me up every time I read it! And it is so true because every time Logan is driving me insane, I just look at that cute little guy and forgive him.
I guess that is part of what being a Mom is about.
| My little cutie! |
No comments:
Post a Comment