Thursday, January 13, 2011

Good Reads

The Help

I just finished this book last week and it is a great read!  I was very surprised that I was a fan of this book.  It definitely was not my typical genre.  It's set in the 1960's and tells the story of three couragous women (and a few not so couragegous women too!)  It gives a very interesting look on what it was like in the early 1960's for an African American woman.  I was a bit shocked at some of the views of the time, but feel, unfortunately,  it was an accurate portrayal.  I don't want to give away the story.  In a nutshell-if you are looking for a book with meaning (that makes you think a little, but not too much), with strong female characters and amazing friendships-this is the book to read next!

On another note:  If you are interested in a great free picture package for $75 to picture people.  Check out this link:
Picture People Give-Away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...