Sunday, January 30, 2011

So Judgemental...

On the weekends I listen to a lot of radio as I am driving around for work.  I tend to listen to talk radio a lot because the radio stations play the same songs over and over on the weekends.  I've noticed in the past few weeks that some of the talk show hosts are so judgemental. 
*Disclaimer* I am by no means saying that I am not judgemental...I am. 
I think as a general rule, the hosts judgementalness doesn't bother me.  These past few weeks have brought up some rough subjects.  The thing that pushed me over the top was on a show today, this woman was talking about how she had to go to friends' houses and one of her friends had a 3 wick candle lit by the door and this made these people the scum of the earth.  Seriously that is what she basically said.  The host apparently had a huge problem with candles because they are carcinogens.  I guess I just thought-it's a freakin' candle, 90% of the world lights candles in their houses.  If you are that worried about it's cancer causing properties, ask the host to blow it out and move on.  Don't bash this poor "friend" of yours over live radio!
My other issue with judgemental radio hosts is a show that has "Fat Kid Friday" (yeah that is really what they call it...) and they try unhealthy foods on air and discuss how nasty they are and how they can't handle another bite because it is so disgusting.  The foods they have tried while I was listening were McDonald's fries and McRibs, honeybuns, cheese danishes, and cinnamon rolls.  Now I know that these foods are not healthy, but seriously they are not disgusting.  They taste good and I don't care how healthy you eat-they still taste a little good.  (I have the same problem with Jillian on The Biggest Loser when she gags if she sees unhealthy food). 
Anyways, now I just realized I am being judgemental about other people being judgemental, so I am going to stop.

1 comment:

  1. I think people are just dramatic in nature, and drama sells :O( I agree we can all be judgemental without even knowing it. I know its not right but as humans we are so opinionated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...