So it's another cold, rainy day. Yuck! My wonderful husband got up early this morning to watch L so that I could go to the consignment sale. I went through L's clothes yesterday and found that I had bought tons of summer clothes in 24 months size at the end of the season last year at The Children's Place. Unfortunately, it does not appear that L will be wearing 24 months clothes (especially shorts) anytime soon, so I needed some 18 month shorts to start the summer with. I found plenty of shorts, a few shirts, and all the summer PJ's he will need at the sale nothing being over $5! The $5 outfit was a brand new, tags still on St. Louis Cardinals outfit! Perfect for the many games he will be going to this summer.
Unfortunately, the big items I was hoping to acquire were either too high priced or not there. I really want an umbrella stroller with a small basket, but there were none to be found. I also was hoping for a diaper bag backpack and small swing set. No luck there either. I'm not sure if they would have been there had I been able to go to the presale last night. I hope not.
On that note, the presale makes me sort of mad. No children are allowed at the presale. Now, the presale is for consigners only, so obviously if you are a consigner, you have children (you are selling their clothes, right?!?). I'm not sure why taking a child to the presale is any different then taking them to the actual sale.
Anyhow, I also found a few puzzles for L and a book/cd combo I have been wanting for a while. It's $14 on amazon, but I got it at the sale for $3! Hooray!
Now the weather just needs to warm up so that L can wear all his new clothing!
No comments:
Post a Comment