Monday, April 4, 2011

Memory Monday-Prom

This is a fun flashback from high school! 
It was getting close to our Senior Prom and I had no date.  (This wasn't that surprising-I didn't date much in high school.  I was too busy with gymnastics and getting ready for college...yeah I was a nerd:)!)  My best guy friend Bill did not have a date either.  One day in English class, I was checking my hotmail account (this was back when email just started to become popular) and there was an E-card (who remembers those?!?).  I opened it and it was from Bill.  It said:

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I've Got No Prom Date
And Neither Do You!

Will you go to Prom with me?

How great is that?!?  Of course I said yes.  (Really, who can turn down that offer?)  I knew we would have a great time because he and I always had the best times together.

I went shopping for my prom dress and somehow (as I look back at pictures-which are not digitized and I can't find any right now to scan) picked a beautiful lavender gown.  It would have been totally awesome if I had nice, tan skin (but I don't...I'm pretty much as pasty white as you can get...).  How my mother let me walk out of the store with that dress is beyond me?!?  But I thought it was awesome and that I looked awesome at the time, so that's what I wore.

On the night of prom, Bill shows up with his orange hair (normally brown, but had attempted to bleach it for basketball-didn't turn out so well) looking dapper in his tuxedo.  We did the pictures at my place with my parents then at his place with his parents.  Our prom was at a local resort.  It was awesome and we had a great time, but the best part of the story happened at the after prom party.

We had decided to go to an after prom party at a friend's house way out in the country (like 35 minutes from civilization) for alcohol free fun!  The party was a blast.  We stayed until about 2 am, then decided to head home.  (I think was the only night ever that I did not have a 12 o'clock curfew!  My parents had given me no curfew!)  So, off we go in Bill's car and after about 45 minutes, Bill turns to me and says "Hmmmm...shouldn't we be back in town by now?"  We should have been so where the heck were we.  We had absolutely no idea.  We just kept driving figuring we would eventually hit up a town we knew.  We finally did at about the 1 hour mark.  We were in C'ville which was in the complete opposite direction of where we were for the after prom party!!

X                                X                                      X
                                                        After Prom Party        My Hometown                     C'ville....

We were way off course, almost 45 minutes in the opposite direction!!  But at least we knew where we were, so we headed home.  I think we made it home around 4 am...but it was a great story to tell at school on Monday!  I don't think Bill or I will ever live down getting lost in our hometown...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...