Wednesday, April 13, 2011

San Francisco Part 1

Jeff and I just returned from San Francisco for a visit with our friends Sam and Chris.  It was a fun trip, but we did quite a bit so I'm going to separate it into parts. 

We started our trip at home with my Mom and Logan.  Logan was staying with Grandma and Pappy while we were gone (I didn't figure wineries were really the place for a toddler).  Logan gave us our kisses and then cried only a little when we left.  It's hard leaving him now because he really misses us now.  I hate seeing him cry.  A quick call to my mom about an hour later confirmed that Logan was doing just fine and had stopped crying as soon as we left.  (Little stinker!) 

Our flight was a long one.  We stayed on the same plane, but had two touch downs to pick up and drop off passengers.  We didn't get to San Fransisco until about 7 pm.  Sam picked us up and we went to get Chris from work.  Jeff had found this restaurant on the Travel Channel that he wanted to try out so we went to the Fog City Diner for dinner.  It was a really neat diner.  Very upscale.  I know upscale and diner don't usually go in the same sentence, but this place was pretty fancy for a diner.  The food was amazing.  I had truffle french fries and mac n cheese.  Pretty sure it was the best mac n cheese I have ever had (Yes Amanda, better than Bar Louie's).  Since it was pretty late, we just went back to Sam and Chris' new house and visited for a while. 

Our plan for Thursday was to take a tour of AT&T Park.  We started our morning with breakfast at a little hole in the wall New Orleans style restaurant that was very good.

Beignets with apple pie filling and Pancakes

Yum! 

Shrimp and Grits

Jeff and his pancakes
We then took off for the stadium and arrived right on time for the tour.  Jeff headed up to the counter to buy the tickets...Guess What?!?  Oh, tours are cancelled for today because they are preparing for Opening Day.  Was this posted on the website? Nope, they just decided today to cancel the tours.  Can we take the tour tomorrow?  Nope, no tours on afternoon game days... So this meant that we would not be able to tour the stadium on our trip.  We decided it just gave us a good reason to come back out and moved on.  Since we had several hours to fill since the tour was cancelled, we wandered around the stadium area.
Chris, Jeff, and I in front of AT&T Park

The seal is holding a baseball!

Bay Bridge
Jeff and I in front of the ballpark

Another Travel Channel Place...we didn't eat here, just did a photo op
Sam and I
After touring the area around the ball park, we headed off to a coffee shop that Sam "swore" had the best coffee ever.  I was skeptical (I mean really is there any coffee better than Dunkin Donuts Blueberry coffee?!?!)  Oh, there is!!  Philz Coffee is awesome!  I had their New Manhattan blend and it was amazing.  The barista said it would taste like wine, but it really tasted just like lightly covered chocolate berries with coffee goodness all wrapped in one!  I plan on ordering a few bags of coffee from there to brew at home for sure!!
My new favorite coffee!
We wandered around a little more down near the wharf and then headed off to The Cliff House Bar for a few drinks (which were on Yelp! special-hooray!)  I had a Cucumber chiller and it was awesome.  I never knew they had cucumber flavored vodka.  But the best part was the view!  The entire bar area is windows overlooking the ocean and we had prime real estate!
We had to wear our sunglasses inside!!  Check out the view!

Jeff and I-Our future's so bright...

Yep-this is what we looked at while enjoying our drinks!

Sutro Baths

A little more detail of the baths

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...