If you need a refresher on Part 1,
click here.
After our wonderful happy hour at the Cliff house, we went to this area with several food trucks
like this. (I'm pretty sure this is the truck I got my food from-it was the best Indian burrito ever!) It was pretty cold, so we got our food and ended up going back to Sam and Chris' house to eat it. The rest of the evening, we just relaxed and enjoyed visiting with old friends!
The next morning (Friday) after a Skype call to check in on Logan, Sam somehow managed to convince me it would be a good idea to go to the gym with her. So off we go to her gym. We got there a little early for the class, but as Sam and I were warming up on the treadmills, the girl on the treadmill in front of us tried to take her sweatshirt off while running and fell right off the treadmill. (I'm laughing right now, it was freakin' hilarious!!) The class pretty much kicked my butt. It was fun even though I had to use a wheelchair the rest of the trip-JUST KIDDING!!! It was opening day at AT&T Park, so we had planned on renting kayaks and trying to catch a baseball in McCovey Cove, but it was way too cold for this activity, so we ended up walking to the store and picking up snacks and watching the game at Sam's house. No balls were hit into McCovey Cove, so I wasn't too sad that we didn't brave the cold in a kayak. Friday evening, we drove around San Francisco to get an idea of all the neighborhoods and Sam gave us a tour of all the local hangouts and bars. We finished up at a
Mel's Drive In for a banana split and shakes (both delicious!)
Saturday morning we packed a picnic basket, put on our sundresses and headed out to wine country. Jeff and I have been to Napa the last two times we were out in San Francisco (even though I was about 4 weeks pregnant with Logan the last time, so I unfortunately could not taste any of the wine!), so Sam took us to
Sonoma Square. This was really nice, because all the wine tasting rooms were in one place. We were able to walk around and sample wine and cheese. It was awesome. The first tasting room we stopped at was
Eric K James. We actually met Eric (I think, it could have been James-I really don't remember), so that was pretty neat. He gave us a little information on a town called
Tightwad in Missouri! Haha! We tasted some wonderful Pinot Noir, Syrah, Chardonnay, and Rose' wine. I highly recommend them all!
 |
| Jeff and I at Eric K James tasting room. Aunt Vicki-I'm in my prom dress! |
 |
| Sam, Chris, Jeff and I enjoying our wine |
Our next stop was
Roche Winery. We tasted several wines here including some wine right out of the barrel! These wines were ok here, not my favorites, but Sam would probably disagree with me on this one! Actually the wine was good except for the stainless steel Chardonnay. I thought it tasted like cough syrup...(apparently I like my wines from an oak barrel?!?)
 |
| Sam and I by the barrel we tasted from! |
 |
| Mmmmm...wine! |
 |
| "Have we had enough wine yet? Heck no!" |
Our third stop was
Hawkes Winery with some wonderful Cabernet Sauvignons.
 |
| Tim and Chris |
 |
| The group photo! |
We tasted a little cheese at the cheese factory, then off to my favorite winery of the day-
Charles Creek Vineyards. Their wines were delicious!! My personal favorite was the Chocolate Raspberry wine. I'm usually not too big on dessert wines, but OMG this one was delicious as was the Chocolate wine. Plus, they had a pig made of wine corks!!
 |
| Tim, Jeff, and Sam |
 |
| The boys with the pig! |
 |
| "We like this wine!" |
 |
| What a cute tasting room with delicious wine inside! |
After Charles Creek, we decided it was picnic time, so we headed to our final destination of
Ravenswood Winery. They had two wines that I fell in love with a Gewurztraminer and Moscato (which I am very sad to find out is sold out online currently!!) We enjoyed a very nice picnic with an awesome view.
 |
| Sam snapped this pic in front of their fireplace |
 |
| The view from our picnic! |
After our picnic, we headed home for a home cooked Steak grill out and watching the Cardinals game at Sam and Chris' house. Jeff and I had drank so much wine, we were exhausted! We aren't used to drinking that much in a day! It was a wonderful day and now that a few weeks have passed, I can actually think about drinking again! Haha! That means I'm' gonna order a few of my favorite bottles from our trip this week. (We chose not to buy while there due to practically missing our plane the last visit because we had to check our bag with the wine in it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment