Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My good friend Murphy...

and his law...

Why I have gotten rid of Murphy: (he wasn't all that good of a friend anyhow)

  • The beautiful weather left San Francisco before we got there.
  • We were out of power for two days before our Houston trip which meant I could not get our laundry done to be able to pack for the trip.
  • A tornado hit Lambert Airport 2 days before we were flying to Houston.
  • Although our flight was on time, when we got to the airport to check in an alarm starting sounding and we were evacuated from the airport (apparently for no reason as most of the folks in the airport did not have to evacuate, just us because we tried to drop our bag off to go through security after we checked in for our flight...stupid TSA!  They had no clue what they were supposed to do...I can only imagine if it had really been an emergency evacuation).
  • Jeff had to be patted down by security because he accidentally left his watch on.
  • We nearly missed our flight due to above said evacuation.
  • We came home to rain, rain, and more rain.
  • My grandmother was in the hospital (she's doing fine now, thank you God!), but I decided to visit her in Missouri and my 2.5 hour trip ended up being almost 4 hours due to detours from the flooding...and then I had to drive back another 3.5 hours to get home!
  • My weekend at work was super crazy busy...14 hours is a very long work day!
  • Our desktop is broken...
But on the bright side a lot of good things have happened too!

  • The weather in Houston was gorgeous!  I promise to blog about the trip soon.
  • There was 1 spare seat left on 2 full flights so that Logan (who was flying as a lap child) could ride in the airplane in his car seat!
  • Logan is an excellent little traveler!
  • The Cardinals won the game we went to last night!
  • I got to see a good friend last night unexpectedly!
  • The sun is shining today and I am planning to take Logan outside when he wakes up to finger paint!  What fun!!
  • My laptop still works so I can still blog:)!
  • Logan's speech is improving although he still has a long way to go!
  • We are taking a trip to the zoo tomorrow!
  • I have a wonderful husband who cleaned my car today (he even got the shop vac out and vacuumed!)
  • We still have our house and it is not flooded.  Please say a prayer for all those affected by the flooding.
It's always important to remember the good things (even if they seem little) and to try not to focus on the bad things (even if they seem huge) !  I started this blog not planning on listing anything good, but decided it was good for me to think about how much good is going on in my life right now!  What good is happening in your life right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...