Logan is almost 2 and I just can't believe it. Every day it just amazes me how much he has changed in the past year. He runs but last year, he wasn't even walking yet! He now understands movies and laughs at or tells the characters "nononono" when they are being bad. He has favorites items now that he lugs everywhere with him (including a cute little cat his babysitter gave to him). He now zooms around on a train that he could barely stand up to push a year ago. He is beginning to understand right from wrong...
Kind of...
Remember that train I said he is zooming around on? Yeah...well...he loves to zoom it right into Mommy's feet and then laughs hysterically when I wince in pain. Why do toddlers think running items into your feet, hitting, biting, etc. is so funny? I know that Logan has not been taught this by his Mommy and Daddy. We teach him that all these things are wrong through telling him no (rarely works), timeouts (sometimes works for 10 minutes), taking items away (this seems to work the longest), and showing him that giving love is always better than those bad things. Yet he still laughs when he bites my shoulder after bath time. He runs around the house giggling as he tries to hit Jake (the dog) and gives an evil smirk (ok this is a little cute...) when he runs his toys into your feet.
I know the "experts" say that the toddler is just testing their boundaries and seeing what your reactions will be. When does this end?!? I want my child to be loving and gentle. He is a good little guy around other kids (unless they try to take his food...but that is a whole 'nother blog post) and his daycare teacher told me that "Logan always uses gentle hands" when he is with them.
I guess I'll just keep trying. Eventually he'll learn that these things are not funny. Right?...
| "Bahahahahahahahahaha" The evil smirk... |
No comments:
Post a Comment