Friday, June 17, 2011

Wedding Fun!

On Memorial Day weekend, we celebrated the marriage of Amanda and Travis.  You may remember how they met at our housewarming party. 

We headed to Chicago on Friday.  I met up with Amanda and the other bridesmaids for nail appointments while Jeff and Logan went back to check into the hotel and meet up with my parents who had came to Chicago to celebrate the wedding also. 

The nail appointment was fun and we all looked pretty awesome except for my overly plucked brows (but they recovered before the rehearsal dinner).  It was Amanda's mom's first time having her nails done which  is neat because my wedding was the first time my mom had ever had her nails done too!

The rehearsal dinner was held at Portillos.  It was wonderful, I got Italian beef and chopped salad.  YUM!  I'm sure this was the best rehearsal dinner I have EVER been too.  It could be that I haven't had Portillos in months and it was super duper delicious! 

In the morning, we went to breakfast at IHOP (another of my favorites that I miss now) with my parents.  Logan was actually pretty well behaved so we all got to enjoy our meal.  Logan went with my Mom and Dad after breakfast for some swimming at the hotel pool.  I hear he had a really good time. 

Swimming with Grandma!
Catch me!!
The rest of the day was so much fun.  Hair appointments, followed by getting ready for the wedding, the wedding, and then the reception.  I think this story is best told with pictures!

Before the wedding...
Yes-we really put the bride in the trunk with her dress for the ride between the hotel and the wedding location!


Getting into the dress with Kim and Sarah assisting

They really had to tug to get that dress laced up:)

The Ceremony
Travis and Pastor Claude waiting for the Bride
  
Amanda's Dad giving her away
The joining of families
The Bridesmaids
The Kiss!!
The Married Couple







Snapshots

Tuckered out from all the fun!

My Handsome Men

Amanda and Sophie

Kim and I.  It was so nice to see her again!

Logan and Sophie

Isn't he so cute all dressed up!?!

Our Family all spiffed up

Bring on the food!

Kisses!

Yep-I clean up pretty good sometimes...

Gorgeous!

Amanda (and Travis in the background) with our family

The reception hall was so pretty


Bridesmaids

Uh...that wasn't the photo we were looking for...

It was a wonderful day and a great start to a wonderful life for Amanda and Travis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...