It's been a long drawn out process, but we have finally discovered that Logan's hearing is normal. It is nice to know that this is not what is causing his speech issues, but frustrating because I still don't know what is causing his speech issues...He is making improvements every day, but it is very slow progress. Communication of basic needs can be a struggle for him (but don't worry-he can point out every horse he sees or tell you that things are orange). He's a funny little man! I know he's progressing and I just need to be patient. He has a wonderful speech therapist and we are working hard with him too.
Let me remind you of our hearing saga...if you need a refresher of how it all began,
check this out.
We made the trip to Metropolis at the end of June to see the ENT to have the wax cleaned out and for his hearing test. When we got there, we were able to see the ENT and an amazing amount of wax was removed from Logan's ears. He was such a big boy and didn't cry or fuss at all. The ENT said "He's a good man" (in this adorable southern drawl-the ENT was probably 70 years old and just like a grandpa!). Unfortunately, the audiologist had called in sick so we were unable to get his hearing tested. So we went on our merry way and did some awesome tourist things in Metropolis.
 |
| Not exactly sure why there was a batman boat there, but Logan loved it! |
 |
| Note that Jeff and Logan are striking the same pose as Superman! |
 |
| We are big nerds... |
 |
| Logan loved the Dippin Dots. Metropolis has a Dippin Dots Ice Cream Parlor! |
 |
| I love this photos because it looks like Logan is trying to blend in with the mural. |
 |
| "Just call me SuperLogan" |
 |
Coming out of the phone booth
|
It was a really fun trip! Now, long story short...I had to reschedule the hearing test and the earliest they could get me in near our home was August! I called to Metropolis again and they were able to get us in much sooner. Logan and I took the trip down there again and after a quick check up with the ENT (no more wax buildup), he was seen by the audiologist and his hearing was completely normal. He was once again a really big boy and did so well, so I took him back to Dippin' Dots. As soon as we turned down the street, he saw the Superman Statue and got really excited. He was saying something (I'm not sure what....) and put his hands up in the air and pointing. After eating our ice cream, he would not let me leave the town square until we went back over (in the 100 degree heat) and stand in front of Superman again! No photos this time, I had forgotten my camera.
Hooray for fun nearby destinations and good hearing!
No comments:
Post a Comment