Friday, August 12, 2011
Pleasantly Surprised
You all may have remembered this blog entry from way back when. I absolutely loved this book. When I found out The Help was going to be made into a movie, I was excited yet cautiously optimistic. I am a huge book reader and in my experience, the movies are never as good as the books. I remember when I was young (around 10 as the book was published in 1990), my Dad recommended I read Jurassic Park. Amazing book! Then in 1993, the Jurassic Park movie was released. Everyone loved it. Not me. It didn't even compare to the book. Nor did Jurassic Park 2. Now I did LOVE Jurassic Park 3, but I think that is because there was no book to reference it to. Every movie based off of a John Grisham novel left me disappointed too. Now the Harry Potter movies are decent, but still there is soooo much left out (for obvious time constraint reasons). Anyhow, I digress...I went to see The Help today (by myself as I never understood why you need to have someone go to the movies with you...really what are you gonna do? You can't talk or visit during the movie, so it is a great alone activity.) It was so good! There were a few parts left out but nothing that really drew from the story. I was amazed at how accurate the characters were portrayed by the actresses. This movie is going to be a huge award winner. The movie, just like the book, brought out so many emotions. If you don't have plans to see this one, make some! Go see The Help as soon as you can!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment