Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pittsburgh 2011

In September, we went out to Pittsburgh to catch the St. Louis Cardinals in another stadium! It was a quick trip (most of it spent driving there and back...yuck!  We didn't want to fly after our first attempt to Pittsburgh a few years back getting flooded out). Now, many of you know that I am a facebook junkie. Facebook certainly has it pros and cons (which I won't get into today), but one pro is finding old friends and reconnecting! I was fortunate enough to find a friend from church camp when I was in high school on Facebook. We have not seen each other since high school, but it was really neat being able to catch up on Facebook! When I mentioned on facebook a while back that we were heading to Pittsburgh, she invited us to stay with her when we went out there since she lives outside the city a bit.  With that background info out of the way, here's our trip in photos!
Waiting for the tour of PNC Park to start

Someone forgot to clean up the batting cages...

Logan never smiles for our dugout pictures...

Where the magic happens

Family photo op on the field

Baseball lovers!

PNC Park has an amazing view!

View of the river

Playing in the  media box

What you don't see is that Logan tipped the table over as soon as this photo was taken.

Family photo from the deck

Piggy Back ride


For lunch we at at Primanti Brothers...see story below!
Best coleslaw EVER on the sandwich!
Smiling because the Cards are winning!


Logan and I playing around during the game!

Logan took this photo himself...

Isn't Ben such a cutie!

Playing on the playground before the baseball incident (also see below...)

Great photo of all of us!

Katie and I tried to get a photo of the boys and their parrots...didn't happen!

Katie and I just picked up right where we left off. Hard to believe we hadn't seen each other in over 10 years!
It was an extremely fun trip and I am so glad we got to take it! No flooding this time and a great time catching up with an old friend (not that we are OLD Katie!) There is just a few stories to tell that the photos don't fully convey.

The first is about the Primanti Brothers restaurant. After missing out on our first trip to Pittsburgh due to flooding several years back, all Jeff and I have talked about was tasting their delicious sandwiches. We even got to see the waitress that is on the Travel Channel while we were eating there. The sandwiches were awesome and worth the wait! It was the best cole slaw I have ever had in my life!

Also, I won the worst mother of the year award while at the baseball game. Logan was getting restless, so we took off to this little playground they had in the park. There were little kids a bit older than Logan playing with a baseball on the mini baseball diamond and Logan wanted to play too, so I let him. AND...a little boy threw him the ball. BUT...Logan doesn't know how to catch the ball yet so it hit him smack in the forehead. The entire playground got quiet, parents and kids...I ran to Logan (I was only about 5 steps away) as he stood there dumbfounded and then started to cry. The little boy who threw the ball, ran over and was patting him on the shoulder telling him it would be ok. It was so cute! I picked Logan up as he's screaming and check him over. There didn't appear to be any red marks, but the ball did hit him hard and it was a real baseball, so it was a hard ball. Logan is still screaming and the poor little boy who hit him felt so bad. I told him it was an accident and not to worry. Since Logan hits his head all the time, I wasn't TOO worried (even though thoughts of where the nearest hospital was, where the first aid station in the ballpark was, are his eyes dilated, does he have a concussion, etc were running through my head). After about 5 minutes Logan is still screaming bloody murder and yelling "ball! ball! ball!", I began to worry. After a few more minutes, I figured out that he was not screaming because he was hurt, but because he was mad I had taken him away from the ball. So to test my theory, we went back to the mini ball diamond and I asked the Dad if Logan could throw the ball. As soon as Logan had the ball in his hand, the crying stopped. Unfortunately, he didn't want to give the ball back. So, off I go with a screaming kid to find Jeff to get some money to buy Logan a baseball to play with...

Don't worry, Logan is perfectly fine after this incident. I'm pretty sure it upset me more than him. He will tell you about the time the ball hit his head though. (It's pretty cute. He hits his head and say "ball. head. ow."

All in all, this was a wonderful trip and our last trip of the baseball season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...