So there are very few posts that don't have Logan in them, but this is one of them. Jeff and I took a little trip to Nashville the end of October. Logan spent the time with my Mom and Dad and had a blast! This was our first trip to Nashville and I have to say, I was not impressed. We arrived on Saturday afternoon and planned to wander around the downtown area. It was cool. We enjoyed it, but it wasn't amazing. We did go to the County Music Hall of Fame which was a total waste of money. I couldn't believe how much they charged for what little they had on display. Here's the few pics I actually took of anything.
 |
| This outfit was totally so cute! Hank III wore it when he was little. I think Logan would look adorable in it!! |
 |
| Hank III wore these boots every time he was on stage...seriously...I don't even know how he walked in them!! |
 |
| Brad Paisly and Carrie Underwood's clothes from award show. |
 |
| Taylor Swift's dress |
We ended up going back to our hotel room and watching the Cardinals play in the World Series in the evening which was probably the best part of the day! Neither Jeff or I are big bar scene folk so the country bars didn't really appeal to us too much. I think it could be fun if we were with a group of friends, but we enjoyed our night in better!
Sunday was the reason for our whole little trip. A Tennessee Titans game! Jeff has always wanted to go to a football game. He has only been once in his life to a Rams game many years ago. We finally bit the bullet and paid the hefty ticket fee to go to a game this year. I know absolutely nothing about football. I know, crazy, right?!?! Understand that neither my high school or college had a football team and for most of my life, there wasn't a nearby professional football team either. I just never got into it. This was my first professional football game ever.
Now, typically when we go to a baseball game, I take a backpack. Since we didn't have Logan in tow, I just took a purse with me. It was a larger tote purse because it does usually double as a diaper bag too. Anyhow, we go to get into the stadium and they frisk me and want me to put my purse in this little box. So I put it in there and she tells me it has to fit all the way in. No biggie, the purse is flexible but my nice DSLR camera is in there and I don't want to smoosh it into the little bitty box. Anyhow, she had to call someone over to see if they could let me in with my purse!?!?! Crazy!! Luckily, me and my unacceptable purse were allowed in and we went to check out our seats.
Our seats were awesome! We were close to the field and in the center. The stadium was decorated in pink for breast cancer awareness. Really cool!
 |
All the seats had pink signs on them to give the allusion of all the seats being pink! |
I loved the stuff they did before the game. The mascots came out and play fought! It was so funny!
 |
| The titans mascot was dressed up as a Sheriff |
 |
| He put a real throw down on the Texans mascot! |
 |
| Down and out for the count! |
Luke Bryan sang the national anthem and it was AMAZING! I'm a huge fan of his anyhow, but he was on key and it was great. They shot fireworks off during the "rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air" part and then jets flew overhead. Cool!!
 |
| Jeff and I at the game |
Unfortunately, that was the best part of the whole game. The Titans were horrible (which was odd since they had been doing pretty well so far). I knew they were playing bad and I know nothing about football! Ha! The weather was so warm and I actually got sunburned! In October! Sunburned!?!?
 |
| Our view of the game. |
 |
| Huddling? |
All in all, not our best trip, but we had a good time anyhow! It will be a while before we head back to Nashville though.
 |
| What some people will do for money... |
 |
| LOL!! Poor dog... |
No comments:
Post a Comment