Sunday, November 27, 2011

Toddler Antics

These are the pictures I look at to remind me that Logan is a sweet little boy 99% of the time...It's been a trying week at our house this week!  Logan has made the move to a toddler bed, which had been going extremely smooth, but this week, he was refusing most naps and bedtime.  This is not normal for him.  He has always been such a good sleeper.  Both Jeff and I are used to getting sleep, so we are very tired and cranky! 
On that note, Logan was cranky too.  This is usually easily remedied by a trip to the park, but our weather has finally turned cold and the park is out for a while I'm afraid.  Indoor play only keeps him entertained for so long although he did entertain himself with some things that were interesting! 

Amidst all the bad crankiness, he is really growing into a loving little boy.  I find that he is often sharing with others including toys with other children and this just warms my heart.  He has also learned that trading for things he wants works too.  He was funny at the toy store the other day.  They have a train table and another little boy was playing with the train he wanted.  He took another train and handed it to the boy and held out his hand for the train he wanted.  Thank goodness, the boy traded! 

He is also very imaginative.  Some of the things he comes up with cracks me up!  He is just beginning to really grasp the concept that he can pretend an object is something it really is not. 
We definitely have an artist on our hands.  He paints almost every day and is doing a pretty darn good job if I might say so myself.  His favorite things to draw right now are dinosaurs and dogs.  He usually wants Mommy to draw the trains for him. 

His speech is improving slowly but steadily.  He labels items really well and is beginning to use his words to make requests.  It's a very slow process, but he's learning!  I'm very thankful for his wonderful speech therapist!

Well this turned into a little update blog (not on purpose...).  Bottom line.  Jeff and I are so lucky to have the best little boy in the entire world and love him even when he's a stinker!  He is a toddler after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...