Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Crafting: Glitter Glue Ornaments

To keep Logan occupied while we were cooped up inside being sick, we did some glitter glue ornaments.  This was an easy and fun project for a toddler.  You just need some holiday cookie cutters, glue, food coloring, glitter, ziploc bags, and wax paper. 
I did some mixing of the glue with holiday food coloring colors in a ziploc bag, then clipped a corner so Logan could squeeze the glue into the cookie cutters that were on the wax paper.

Logan really liked squeezing the glue out of the bags!
Shake, shake, shake the glitter on top of the glue...


Let them dry for a VERY long time (it took like two days and I only had a very thin layer of glue)  Logan kept moving the cookie cutters, so our glue seeped out the edges...

The finished product.  We just taped them to the window because that is what made Logan happy! 
The picture doesn't show it too well, but we made a train, Christmas tree, and Santa with his bag.  I think I would layer the glue a little thicker next time to make them a little heftier, but all in all this was an easy craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...