![]() |
| Bye Bye Pujols! |
Here's my thing. I love Cardinals baseball no matter the players. Ozzie Smith was my first favorite player, then Tom Pagnozzi (ten points for anyone who remembers who that is...), then So Taguchi (my all time fave although it is a close race between Ozzie and So), and now Molina. Pujols was never my favorite. Yes, the past ten years have been awesome with Pujols, but I really liked Pujols because I thought he played for the love of the game, not the money. I give him props for being an amazing player and I like that too, but I really loved his commitment to St. Louis and his love of just playing baseball to play baseball.
With his choice to go to California for more money, he apparently isn't the player I thought he was. And that is ok. That is his decision and I know he made the decision that he and his wife felt was best for his family at the time. I wish him only the best out there.
Although...it sure would be nice if the Cardinals make it to the playoffs or World Series this year and the Angels don't. I think there is a definite possibility of that happening this year.
It is going to be an interesting year for baseball with the loss of Pujols and LaRussa. The team is solid though and I think the Cardinals always play best as the underdogs. Underdogs, you ask? Yes, underdogs. Even though they won the World Series in '11, with the loss of Pujols and Tony, they will be back at the bottom working their way up in the eyes of most people (but not mine-I know they can do it!)
We, of course, have many plans for the summer with the Cardinals although this year definitely has less traveling than last year. Click here if you can't remember where all we went last year and want a recap. I've added links in the original post that will take you to each trip! (FYI-the links are in the names of the cities. If you hover over them, they will turn blue. Links don't show up well in this blog layout I have going on right now.)
As baseball season gets closer and we have more solid plans, I will blog about what Cardinals baseball 2012 has in store for us!!

No comments:
Post a Comment