Friday, January 13, 2012

The Best Laid Plans

I hit up the after Christmas sales and scored on a gingerbread train kit.  Logan is into trains right now so it seemed like it would be a fun activity.  With Jeff sleeping during the days now, I am always trying to find things besides TV to keep Logan occupied and I thought the gingerbread train seemed like a good idea.
The kit looked rather simple, but apparently I am no master decorator and Logan apparently enjoys eating the ingredients more than decorating.
Initially all was going well

Then Logan starting eating more candy than decorating

Then my icing glue unstuck and our train was history
We both still had a good time even though there was very little to show for our time spent on the train.
I also realized that I am getting old and forgetting things.  I am definitely young at heart and look no older than eighteen years old most days, but when I decided to make snowflakes with Logan yesterday, my true age won out.  I couldn't for the life of me remember how to fold and cut a paper snowflake...even after much trial and error, I never got it right.  Logan didn't mind glittering our squares with holes in them though.  Sorry, I was too embarrassed to take pictures of these atrocities.  I guess I'm going to have to google "paper snowflake cutting" and retry this art activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...