Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sing a Song

Logan is still chugging along with his speech.  He was just re-evaluated last week and is still at about a year delay with his expressive speech, but at or a little above age level for his speech comprehension.  Basically, he's smart but he just can't tell you much.  He talks A LOT now, but even I rarely understand what is coming out of his mouth.  It's pretty darn cute though.  When our speech therapist arrives every week, he opens the door for her and jabbers at her unintelligibly for a good 30 seconds.  You catch words here and there and if you piece them together you can usually figure out what he is trying to tell you. 
He loves to sing now.  This is really fun for me.  I have sang to him almost every night before he goes to bed and it is really fun that he sings with me now.  He'll get up on my lap and say "ting ba ting" (Sing Mommy Sing).  Yes, Ba is still my name, but he does call me Mama about 25% of the time now which is a huge improvement.
He has a few favorite songs to sing, but most recently we have been practicing "Happy Birthday" for his cousin Lillie.  She turned 2 today and you should have heard him sing to her over the phone.  It would melt your heart!
We made the decision to send Logan to school again.  I am in love with his new school and I feel like it is contributing to his recent speech improvements.  His teachers are wonderful and Logan always signs "more" when he leaves.
I'll leave you with one of Logan's favorite songs to sing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...