Here's what is on my mind today. In a very random order...
- I dread Fridays. I am one of the few people that dread Friday because I work on Saturday and Sunday.
- I only have two more Fridays to dread! For those of you who haven't heard the news. I have accepted a new position and work and will be returning to the typical Monday through Friday grind. I am very excited to have my weekends back.
- I'll miss a few things. Most importantly being able to take Logan places during the week when they are not so crowded.
- I love the Olympics, but I often wonder why we place such a high importance on them. It is so sad that an athlete who peaks a year to early (like Jordyn Wieber) will never be the same even though she has made amazing achievements in her gymnastic career. I've seen this happen with countless gymnasts in the past (Kim Zmeskal, Dominique Moceanu, Shannon Miller) and I am sure it happens in other sports too.
- Have you read Dominique Moceanu's book "Off Balance" ? If not, you need to read this book. It really shows how the Karolyi's are ruining gymnastics. Disagree with me? Fine. I idolized Bela growing up as a young girl, but as I got older, I knew things were not all right with the Karolyis.
- On that note, do you ever wonder what happens to those poor gymnasts from China, Russia, Ukraine, etc. who lose Gold medals when they get home? I worry for them.
- Go Gaby Douglas! Three-peat for USA Women's All Around Gymnastics Gold!
- I feel sorry for Aly, but she made mistakes. She gave the bronze away. It sucks for her. Can you imagine what Jordyn Wieber was thinking? If it was me, I would be thinking that I should have been on the floor getting the medal!
Ok, enough on gymnastics...I didn't mean to ramble on...
- Logan is doing great with potty training! He has been in his big kid underwear for 3 days now and shows no signs of stopping! Whoohoo!
- He had the tantrum of all tantrums the other day. Wow! That boy can scream!
- Logan and I have been doing some baking in the kitchen. I took pictures, so eventually you will see a blog post :)
I'll stop now. I have probably bored you!
 |
| Here's a sneak peak at an upcoming blog post about Logan's 3 year photos by J Fortune Photography! I know you can't wait. |
I also want to give a shout out to my awesome husband of FIVE years! Tomorrow is our fifth Anniversary! Wow!
 |
| Five years ago! |
No comments:
Post a Comment