Monday, February 21, 2011

Memory Monday-My Husband

Most of you probably know the story of how J and I met, but some of you do not and I love to tell it!

I was in the midst of a rocky relationship when a friend from work (let us call her T) told me she knew the perfect guy to set me up with.  I explained that I wasn't looking for anyone right now.  My rocky relationship ended and my friend once again told me that I really needed to meet this guy her sister (let us call her H)  worked with.  I finally agreed (because she kept bugging me).  She called her sister H and I went through a phone interview (yes-really).  After H decided that I was not crazy and had no baggage other than  my dog Jake, she said she'd get some pictures of J to email to me.  So, I get these pictures of this really cute guy all dressed up in his police garb.  It wasn't just one picture, though.  It was a whole photo shoot!  I'm sure I have these photos stored digitally somewhere, but not sure where they would be right now.  I have them in a scrapbook and I love to look back at them.
Update!! I just found the pictures.






They are great!! Makes me smile looking at them again!

 So I emailed her a picture of myself and Jake (mind you that I had braces at the time and permed hair, so this was not a great look for me...)  I unfortunately cannot find this photo...too bad:(

Anyhow, J apparently thought I was still worth a shot even with the horrible photo and he finally called me.  We chatted for many hours including a chat with his brother D.  It's pretty lucky that D didn't scare me off!  Just kidding-D is awesome. 

After getting of the phone, I wrote in my journal (the paper kind) how awesome this guy J with a last name I mispelled was and how I hoped he would call me back!  And he did!  He called the next night and after talking for a while, he decided he should just come over to meet me instead.  He lived 45 minutes away, but he drove over.  I saw him pull up in his loud ghetto-like Ford Probe and I met him on the sidewalk.  His first words to me when he met me were "Wow-you really are short"  What could I say-it was true...

He came inside and we hung out the whole evening while Jake gnawed all over his arms.  Jake was just a puppy at the time and gnawing on arms was his thing. 

Now the next part of our story I'm gonna abbreviate.  We dated for a month or so, then I got scared and pushed him away, but he allowed me to come back (although he still refers to this time as the time "when I didn't like him").  But long story short.  It all worked out after I got my head screwed on straight and we dated for about 2 years, were engaged for 8 months, married, after two years of marriage had a baby, and the rest of our memories are in the making!  (or a story for another Monday)

See what a great story for a gloomy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...