Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Littlest Loser

I am a huge fan of The Biggest Loser.  Not really sure why because it drives me berserk.  I think it is such an unrealistic portrayal of weight loss.  There is no way those contestants could do those exercises and workouts without being under constant medical supervision-which is never going to happen in real life...yet I'm still addicted to the show...go figure!

I've been on Weight Watchers since September and have lost 18 pounds, but still have another 18 to go.  I've been at a stand still pretty much for the past few months.  I feel like I needed a jump start to give me some external motivation to lose the weight. (and I don't mean a picture of me in a bikini-gross!)  I decided to finally start training for a 5K and eventually do a sprint distance triathlon.  I'm a swimmer by nature (my arm muscles have always been my strongest feature) but the running is really hard for me.  I just figure if the Biggest Loser contestants can run a marathon, I should suck it up and run a 5K. 

I started my training this week, and it's gone well so far.  I still haven't picked a 5K yet to run, but I am contemplating one on Memorial Day.  With all my hip surgeries-running a 5K (and especially doing a triathlon) would give my orthopedic surgeon another thing to pat himself on the back for!

I think the NBC should have The Littlest Loser for those of us who just have a fraction of the pounds to shed.  It could be 12 weeks long and no one would get eliminated!  It would be a much more realistic portrayal of how weight loss works in the real world (that means no crazy workouts, you would still live at home, etc.)  Now really-why am I a physical therapist?  I missed the boat-I should totally be a reality TV writer!  Hmmmmmm...

Well-here I go!  Even if I don't lose the 18 pounds, I will still feel very accomplished and proud of myself.  Plus, I'll be healthier-and isn't that really what matters in the long run (no pun intended!!)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything you said! Some of us don't need to lose 500 pounds lol and those last pounds are soooo hard to lose. I'm hoping weight watchers will help me lose the rest, I think I'm going to try the 30 day shred, which is something I actually have time to do since it's only 20 minutes a day

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...