Wednesday, March 2, 2011

MuhMuhMuhMuh....

Ma-ma is one of the most cherished words in the English language by any mother.  It is usually in the top 2 or 3 first words of every child.  It's absolutely heartbreaking to me that L still does not say Ma-ma.  Occasionally, I'll get a mamamamama if he wants something very bad, but otherwise I am "da" just like J (and pretty much everyone else).  Every morning I wake up and think "this is gonna be the day".  I know L loves me (I get more kisses and hugs than anyone!), but I really want him to say Ma-ma.  Everyone keeps telling me that once he starts saying it, I'll want him to stop.  I don't think I will ever take for granted that word (except maybe if he's been screaming it at the top of his lungs for hours on end-I don't think hope that won't happen!). 

Today at speech therapy, L did well again.  He was a little less attentive, but still did a very good job.  He continues to show improvements in his mimicking of words, but still only has a few spontaneous words.  He really avoids the "m" sounds and will make mimic almost any other sound when asked to make that "m" sound.  So our homework this week is lots of "m"'s and "ma-ma"'s. 

He really likes the flashcards N has, so I got onto Barnes and Noble and used my groupon to get some picture word books and flashcards.  I'm really excited for them to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...