Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sick days are a thing of the past...

Days like this make me nostalgic for those days of my early 20's where I called into work and lounged in bed all day long when I was sick...
I've been sick this week.  Felt that tickle in my throat on Sunday and by today I was running a low grade temperature.  Unfortunately, Mommies do not get sick days.  Even yesterday when L was at daycare, J and I had several errands to run, so I popped some dayquil and Tylenol and went on my merry way. 
This morning was a different story.  I felt horrible and was running a fever.  J let me sleep in, but L was very vocal this morning (Ayayayayayayya!!!  Dadadadaddadadada!!!!).  Made it a little hard to sleep in.  I decided to get out of bed after "sleeping in" to 8 am.  The Tylenol quickly dropped my fever, I felt moderately better, and I was ready to attack the day. 
L's speech therapy appointment today was good.  He was a little unfocused and totally lost it when she showed him the banana flashcard and I wouldn't go get him a banana to eat...(I gave in after about 2 minutes...).  He is making slow progress, but it's progress all the same!
I fed L lunch, laid him down for his nap and GASP! went and crawled into my bed to nap too.  I am not a napper.  Even when L was a newborn, I napped rarely.  When I nap, I am up all night long.  But today, I slept for 2 and a half hours. (Thank you J, my wonderful husband!  He got L up from his nap and kept him entertained until he had to get ready for work, so I could sleep.)  Luckily, L was very good this afternoon and evening and I was able to lounge around and not have to be too active.  His new flashcards came in the mail today and he loves them!  It's a great quiet time activity. 
He's in bed now and I am about to hit my bed to catch up on my TV shows (I am at least a week behind on most of them) and hopefully wake up feeling ready to attack the day tomorrow without being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...