Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lessons Learned

Here's another one of my lists...

  • I should not fool myself into thinking that I will actually get back into bed to sleep in once I have gotten up.  This morning, I told myself I was going to get up to take Logan to daycare and then come home and sleep in.  Did I do that?  Nope...instead I went to Panera, got an allergy shot, and cleaned out the office...now I'm tired!
  • It never fails... on the day I don't want to waste time at the allergist, I have to wait forever to get my shots...
  • I am a file horder!  Yes.  I am THAT person who has every receipt, check stub, bill, etc for the past 10 years all filed away (neatly for the most part), but still taking up way too much room in the office!  I know for a fact that I cleaned out my files about 3 years ago, yet I still found:
    • my first PT job check stubs
    • utility bills for my first house
    • my PT board packet (yes that would have been put together in 2002)
    • my licensure change of state paperwork (I did that in 2003)
    • all of my grade reports from college...(ok, I might have kept those for nostalgia)
    • bank statements from 3 banks ago...
    • loan booklet for 2 cars ago...
    • multiple reciepts for items that I do not even own anymore
  • When you are dealing with a cheap shredder, it overheats about every 5 minutes...
  • I should have left all my horded paperwork alone...my office is a bigger mess than it was to start with!
  • Never, ever go to a restaurant for a certain item.  It will most surely not be available.  I went to Applebee's for lunch because I wanted their pomegranate iced tea (YUM!).  Oh wait...the town is on a boil water order and they can't make the iced tea...
  • Smoothies on the way home from picking up Logan from daycare seemed like a really good idea.  Lid was on tight, bendy straw attached to prevent spills.  Yet somehow, I found a little boy with mango pineapple smoothie all over him, his carseat, and the backseat when I looked in my rearview mirror...
  • Smoothie messes will never allow a car seat to be the same...(I would have taken pictures if Logan and I -and the carseat- hadn't been covered head to toe in sticky smoothie juices...)  Logan has spilt a lot in that car seat, but I'm pretty sure this takes the cake!
  • Never trust a well behaved child.  You would think I would have figured this one out, but no...I'm a glutton for punishment.  Logan was so good eating his dinner tonight.  No throwing, handed me all his food when he was done, finishing up his milk.  I turn around one second and next thing I know, he has thrown his sippy cup, hit my soda bottle, and now soda is covering our entire dining room table!  Luckily, nothing was harmed, but it was yet another sticky clean up!
  • Nothing can make me happier than a big ole hug, kiss, and belly laugh from my little boy!! (Ok, maybe I didn't learn that one just today, but I like to remind myself anyhow.)

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I'm with you on the cheap paper shredder. Should have splurged $10 extra bucks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...