| Logan playing with our train table at home |
| Notice the police car checking for speeding... |
Then they called his name. This is where the day went very wrong...
Logan refused to get his hair cut. The child usually loves getting his hair cut. Not today. I think it was the wait time. I finally gave up and told them not to cut his hair, we were just going to try another day. Of course, Logan thinks he still gets to go play with the trains.
I sucked it up and told him "No". It was hard, but he needs to learn that his bad decisions have consequences. Logan left the toy store area easily as he wanted to eat. Once we hit the door to the outside, he started screaming to go back to the toy store. Jeff picked him up and took him outside, where Logan promptly bit Jeff on the arm. Yes. Bit him. I took over from there. I tossed him over my shoulder while he was screaming like a banshee and got him into the car where he REFUSED to get in his car seat.
By this point, there's screaming, tears streaming, snot dripping. It's an all out toddler tantrum. I'm not even kidding when I say we sat in the parking lot for 10 minutes trying to get him into the seat. It was horrible. I have never seen Logan so mad! By the time he was safely secured in the carseat, I had taken away his car TV, home TV, iPad, and toy room for the rest of the day. He then proceeded to scream the entire 30 minutes back to our house which meant we didn't get to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings.
After a quick lunch at home, it was nap time. When I checked to see if he had finally fallen asleep, here is what I found.
| Yes, Logan is under all the toys and blankets sound asleep... |
Oh the joys of being a good parent! Hang in there! I think you handled that exactly like you should have. Missing bdubs is rough but you did what you had to :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome to real parenthood!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Dad