Thursday, January 26, 2012

When To Say When.

I have this little problem (I'm pretty sure I got it from my Dad).  I have a very hard time saying "No".  I always take on too much and my Type A personality requires me to do everything as perfectly as possible or I stay awake at night worrying about it. 
Yep.  It's vicious.
Also, mostly due to my Type A personality, I want to give Logan every opportunity to have fun, learn, excel, burn energy, play, etc., etc., etc.  The one thing I don't want to do is overwhelm him, but I want to let him try everything out and then he can make the decision whether he loves things or not and if we do it again.
We've been doing a Mom and Me gymnastic class for quite some time and he really enjoyed it at first.  The past few months, especially once he started school on the same day as gymnastics, he has been less enthused, less behaved, and tired and cranky for the most part at gymnastics.  As much as I love giving him this opportunity to run around and have fun, it just wasn't fun for any of us anymore. 
I sadly called the gymnastics place and told them we were withdrawing from the class.  To make me feel even worse, the lady says "I'll take him off the roster for February".  To which I had to reply "No. (I'm still cringing.) Please take him off for good." 
Sometimes, you just have to learn when to say when.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...